Meeting for Worship: Sundays 10:30 a.m. Child care is available during Meeting for Worship. Fellowship Time follows Meeting for Worship with potluck dinner on First and Third Sundays.
Gathering Singing: Sundays, 10:00 a.m.
First Day School Program: Children's religious education program, Sundays concurrent with Meeting for Worship. Program Schedule.
Adult Religious Education Program: Sundays, 9:15-10:15 a.m. Program Schedule.
Fellowship Breakfast: Fifth Sundays, Breakfast is served 9:00-10:00 a.m.
Intergenerational Activity: Fourth Sundays after Meeting for Worship. A time to gather for intergenerational fellowship and refreshments followed by a time for a creative activity.
2nd Friday Movies: Second Fridays of the month, 7:30 p.m. Movie schedule and trailers.
Spiritual Seekers Information and Discussion Program: Fifth Sundays, 12:30-3:30 p.m. Program Details.
Meeting for Worship with a Concern for Business (MWCB): Third Sundays after potluck dinner.
1st First Day Program: First Sundays after potluck dinner. A time for a variety of programs including topical presentations and discussions, event reports, and musical performances. Upcoming programs.
Articles & News
- NEO AFSC August 22, 2014 Podcast
- Standing with Ferguson in Kansas City and Des Moines
- End militarization of police, confront systemic racism
- Des Moines marks Hiroshima-Nagasaki anniversary
- You Can't Solve Iraq in Iraq
- The Movement to End Corporate Personhood and Money as Speech Presentation by David Cobb
- Social Enterprise Improves Chicago Youth Employment
- AFSC’s Meeting/Church Liaison Orientation calls
- Latino youth bring the immigrant story to life
- Put Yourself in My Shoes
- Déjà Vu All Over Again
- climate change and heart changes
- Engaging with young adult Friends
- A five-year plan for Friends?
- Simplicity as equality in a U.S. courtroom
- On Keeping Silence in the Church
- Christian? Better Pick Up That Cross
- Wake Up, America – Racism is Real
- Progressive & Liberal American Quakers Face World War One
- Father’s Day in the County Jail
Wider Quaker Calendar
(Acronym list follows)
8/30: 9th Annual Corn Roast (Upper Fox Valley, McHenry, IL)
9/20: WYM Board Meetings (Plainfield, IN)
10/2-5 QEW Fall Meeting (Pendle Hill)
10/25: ILYM Fall Continuing Committee
11/7-9: ILYM Work Weekend (ILYM Campus)
11/15 WYM Adminstrative Council (TBA)
FWCC: Friends World Committee for Consultation
MCGM: Metropolitan Chicago General Meeting (now CFG)
USFWI United Society of Friends Women International